Training time: 3.5-4.0 hrs
Instructors: David Rosebrook and Ben Looper
Overview: This session will cover:
- Profile for a good project manager/estimator, how to locate them and an orientation program to get them up to speed quickly
- Techniques for properly scoping and estimating a job, dealing with adjusters, setting proper expectations, setting up a job for success and completing the job on time and under budget
- Benchmarks for production, profitability and service as well as how to achieve and exceed these benchmarks. A profitable job, a delighted client and a happy adjuster, all begin with a good estimate and job planning
- Learn the steps involved in achieving your production goals. Proper attention to these goals could dramatically improve your profitability and increase your referrals
- Discuss sales steps that could dramatically improve your sales and closing ratio
- Discuss how to effectively and properly manage your estimating and project management staff. Are your estimators selling enough? What are the target profits and how can you hit them consistently? Are your estimators taking too long to complete estimates?
David Rosebrook, CR
David is a 25 year veteran of the restoration industry and has been working with Business Mentors as a consultant since 2004. He has worked in all phases of the restoration industry starting on the water damage crew, as a lead carpenter and finally in project management and estimating. He has estimated, sold and managed several million dollars in work and also worked on large commercial restoration and catastrophe projects. He is an expert in accurately estimating for profit, negotiating with adjusters, writing Xactimate scopes, marketing and relationship building. As a consultant he has been working on operational issues, managing growth and building a synergistic team.
Ben is a veteran of the restoration industry. He is the owner of Southeast Restoration Group. They have offices in Atlanta and Athens. Ben is a level 3 Xactimate trainer. His company has been recognized as the Southeast region contractor of the year for Crawford Connections. He is has been a speaker at several industry events and is an active member of his local community.